Monday, February 16, 2009

They should do away with Valentine's Day. Just make it Amanda's b'day weekend holiday.

James and I ordered our shower curtain this weekend. We found it at Crate and Barrel and of course, since we like it, it was out of stock. We were discussing this phenomenon that we seem to run into weekly and came up with 2 conclusions. Either we are really boring and like the same thing that everyone does....or there is such a lack of cool things out there that are in a reasonable budget that when there finally is something cool, everyone buys it. It would be really convenient to A.) have lots of money and B.) have someone at my beckon call to make me whatever I dream up.

Thank you Bob and Judy for watching the kids this weekend! We were able to go out and celebrate my birthday. We did have several plans for the celebrating but I ended up being sick and so they changed, but it was still fun. And nice to have a break and sleep!

Another purchase of the weekend, a sofa!! YAY! Our current sofa and loveseat are trashed from a combination of just being cotton twill, sun exposure, dog eating grease accident all over one cushion, misc. bottle spills, a vaseline accident (which is pretty hard to get off), AND stains from actually cleaning it because apparently the upholstery cleaner works great as long as you have it perfectly even coverage and have no water lines. Anyway, I'll post pictures when it gets here on Thursday!

I might post a lot in the next few days. I'm a little bored. Sick and my darn sciatica has decided to make a presence again...so I'm not doing much. And kind of avoiding doing some actual work that I'm supposed to do because I just don't feel like it. Plus, James is again out of town. This time for a few days. He is worried he won't be home for Eli's first birthday. SO, I'm really hoping he will. For my own sanity even. I'm glad he is still working but this out of town thing has been weekly and is hard. Especially since we never really spent more than 2 nights away from each other in our whole married life.

For photography: I'm getting these super cute things! YAY for etsy! I'm hoping though that some of my really talented friends and family will be able to make me more. :)


Isn't this set adorable! I love the gray because it can be gender neutral.

Color is called Ocean Tide. I like it! I have 2 baby boys to photograph soon.

I just LOVE this! I can have it custom colors. So I'm getting the one you see and I'm also doing I think...a gray hat with green and pink flower.


Not sure if I'm getting this one since I'm getting the gray one...still debating. It seems a little vanilla to me. And as you know, I'm not a vanilla person.



How fun is this hat!? I need to find some boy hats too.

3 comments:

Melanie Van Wynsberg said...

YAY to new couches, and to new cute things! :-)

timmy and erin said...

ok, so i dont have a ton of time, but if you were to send me some yarn I could make some of this stuff! I am not an amazing knitter but would love to try this out and of course would LOVE to help you! so let me know!

Cody Jean said...

:) Glad you had a good birthday weekend. I'm so glad my birthday is actually on a weekend this year!