Thursday, February 19, 2009

Baby #3. 9 week U/S.

I've finally gotten to scanning the ultrasound picture. It isn't much to look at yet since this is only at 9 weeks. I'm now just shy of 15 weeks. I'm a little happier now that I don't feel like I look just fat in the belly, I feel like I look more pregnant now. The search has been on for some comfortable and fitting maternity pants. I tried on some really nice looking gray pants at target, but they were too long and looked HUGE in the butt. The next size down was horribly short. So I ended up going with some jeans, but returned them because they were way high maintenance. Turned out they were indigo dyed and I couldn't wear them if I would sit on light colored fabrics (which my car is light gray) and I'd have to wash them 3-4 times in cold water separate from other items until the dye ran out. No thanks. So I've been living in some yoga pants. Which is one huge plus to not working right now.

Elijah is now officially ONE! I have some pictures from last night's mini celebration that I'll post in a little while. The little acrobat is keeping me running! For example: this morning he decided to pull James' lunch cooler out of the cabinet and push it up to the cupboards, then stand on it to try and get the things off the counter. THEN, tonight while I was cleaning up his room, he went to Berlin's room...pulled her Sit and Spin toy over to her nightstand, climbed on top of it and climbed onto the nightstand to see out the window. I thought I was going to have a heart attack when I walked back to Berlin's room! And he is only 1! You friends of mine that have babies Eli's age and are bummed they aren't walking.... you take that back! :)

In other news of babies, my dad and his wife Angie are pregnant. They announced it to the whole family now...so I'm pretty sure it is fine to put it here. She is due on September 3rd, so only a few weeks behind me. She is carrying one child. She was pregnant with 2, but the second is not going to carry to full term as it is being absorbed. They are excited. So I'm going to have a new baby brother or sister. And Berlin, Eli, and Baby 3 will have a new aunt or uncle!


9 week
3D at 9 weeks. Top is head, you can see the arm buds.
The dark parts in the head are the eye sockets.


2 comments:

Melanie Van Wynsberg said...

Awe little baby Mattila- how cool. :)

And how crazt/cool that you will have a baby sister or brother. :)

amanda said...

I know! A 26 year difference!