Thursday, October 15, 2009

Finally, geez! Welcome little Izzie!

It has been a couple of months since an update, so I thought I'd try to catch up! There will be a post everyday until I get caught up. I'm through with caring if the pictures are edited because I'll probably not get to them for a while. So as everyone knows, baby #3 was born and we did finally choose a name! Isadora Lee. She was born on August 14th at 2:07 pm, 7 lbs 6 oz, 19 1/2 inches long. We were stuck on a name for a while and by about 7 pm we finally picked one, landing on Isadora because I had thought of the name a long time ago and liked it (but with a list of 30 names we liked, it wasn't even on it!), I like it more when it is pronounced Ee-sah-dorah, but since all the EEEEE names in our family, we are pronouncing it in an Americanized way. We made the decision after loving the nickname Izzie. When we were choosing a name for Eli, we really liked the name Israel for a boy, with the thought that Izzie would be a neat nickname too...but since we already have a Berlin, thought another location name would be silly. Lee is both my mom's middle name and James' uncle Kevin's middle name...which Izzie just happens to be born on his birthday.

So okay, the labor and birth of Izzie:

7:30 am, not feeling good. Thought I was just crampy and grumpy.
9:30 am, still not feeling good and feeling bad that I was being a grump to the kids when they were climbing on me. Called James to see if he'd be able to come home early because of how bad I was feeling.
9:50 am, realized that I was in labor. Or some sort of beginning labor. Duh! Called James again to tell him that he should probably come home.
Started packing a bag for me and the kids. But debating on whether I should call to have the kids picked up. Contractions about 8 minutes apart.
10:17 am, called Sarah because contractions were consistently 7 minutes apart. She didn't answer!! She had been to a concert the night before and I sort of panicked! :)
10:30, Sarah called back and I told her I needed her to come and she left to come get the kids.
11:30, kids are gone and I was starving. So we stopped at Jimmy John's for some food. Contractions now getting a little nuts and anywhere from 3-5 minutes apart.
12:10 Checked into hospital. Contractions changed to 10 minutes apart and I was mad. I thought that somehow it was false labor. Triage left me alone until 12:45...can really make a person cranky.
12:45 Checked me and I was only dilated to 1. Depressing... or so I thought.
12:50, water broke spontaneously...which completely freaked me out. If you've only ever had it broken for you, it is a whole new thing the other way!
12:51, PAIN! and more pain.
12:55, they decided to bring some lady in for an ultrasound. I about punched her in the face when she kept telling me to hold still and lay flat. Yeah right lady!
1:05, worried I was going to have the baby in triage, they hauled me up to the birthing center.
1:15, in a little panic because i really wanted an epidural and was worried that she was coming too fast for me to get one...and realizing that the pain really sucked. They checked me and I was at 6 cm. I had progressed from 1 cm to 6 cm in half an hour.
1:30, anesthesia! please!
1:35, epidural finally there. They asked me before they stuck me if I thought I'd be needing to push soon. I lied. I knew it would be time soon....but I really wanted that thing.
1:40, epidural in and feeling a lot better. Dilated to 9 cm. Could actually talk, greeted my doctor, and told James to tell my mom that she would not be there on time.
2:00, she was ready...
2:07, Izzie is here!

Pretty short labor. Not the easiest of the 3, Elijah was more planned and even though longer, it was more time to get used to the oncoming delivery. But WAY better than the 23 hours of Berlin!

Bringing Isadora home was great! My step-sister Sarah and her fiance' Ryan took the other 2 kids for the weekend and we were able to spend some time just the 3 of us. Izzie so far has been such an easy baby! Even though doctors say that I shouldn't allow it, she occasionally will give me 4-5 hour stretches of sleep. Usually at least 3-4 at night.

Anyway, here are some pictures of her first 5 days on this Earth. Thank you God for gracing us with such a sweet gift! I'm so thankful that my life is in His hands.

Photobucket Izzie's room, pictures aren't hung yet, but with all the switching back and forth, this is where she ended up.

PhotobucketBaby quilt made by Nana Judy. JUST awesome!

Photobucket Tea Party dress, I didn't have to buy too much for her because of having lots of stuff already for a girl, but I wanted to get a few special outfits for her only. Janie and Jack is the best! I wanted something pretty but classic looking. I got a couple of really cute dresses. And picked one up for my little sister Myah too!

Photobucket Just born, 1/2 hour old!

Photobucket Aunt Chrissy & my Mom.

PhotobucketJames' mom (aka Nana)

Photobucket Happy Grandpa and Grandma

Photobucket First bath time!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Berlin checking out her new sister.

Photobucket Aunt Sarah, Ashton, Izzie, and Berlin.

Photobucket The new family unit! Elijah a little more excited about the hospital than the baby.

Photobucket

Photobucket A resemblance? :) She was so excited to have a little sister!

Photobucket Nice and content after her bath.

PhotobucketBaby crib view.

PhotobucketNot so content face. Hungry...

Photobucket Eli checking her out, Berlin singing her Itsy Bitsy Spider before leaving for home.

Photobucket Great Grandma Mattila holding Ethan Rome (6 wks) and Isadora (2 days).

Photobucket Great Aunt Margaret

Photobucket Great Aunt Jo Ellen

Photobucket Cousin Emma

PhotobucketAunt Heather

Photobucket Ethan (6 wks) and Izzie (2 days). Wow, what a difference!

Photobucket Papa

Photobucket 3 days old, so small in that big swing!

Photobucket Cutie! 3 days old!

Photobucket YAWWWWN.

Photobucket Aunt Kate :) lol.

Photobucket She does this a lot. :)

PhotobucketAsleep on my bed.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Leah Wentzel said...

so adorable, glad to see everyone is doing well :)