Thursday, July 16, 2009

Around the yard.

Berlin likes to ride her scooter and I reserve it mainly for late evening when it isn't so darn hot. So the other day, I let Berlin stay up a little later and after her scooter riding, we walked around the yard looking at plants. She was so excited when she found a pickle plant! Mom, mom... LOOK!! Pickles! I think it is actually called a moneytree. Not sure though. But I thought it was funny.

News update: James tried working this week. He worked the past few days and he is feeling good! He started physical therapy exercises and they seem to be helping now. Hopefully soon he'll be able to stop the chiropractor or at least go less often. We are all adjusting though. It has been months of him home. I miss him being here and so do the kids. James is feeling the lack of free time and thinks it would be way awesome to just be paid to stay home. Don't we all! :) He isn't officially "back to work" yet though. His boss has work for the next few weeks but hasn't taken him off lay off yet. So we'll see. James had decided on school though...but then started working. So hopefully it doesn't derail his plan.

By the way, I just LOVE my camera and my new lens. I know I was getting irritated by pictures not looking right to me and now that my camera is fixed...I'm SO SO happy! Looking back over pictures from the past couple of months, I notice the back focusing so much. Also, I discovered that my new lens is a Macro too! So I can get pretty close for details. And now I can sell my macro lens i had!

Photobucket
Photobucket Look Mom!! Pickles!
Photobucket I've always loved the way that Queen Anne's Lace looks when it is dead.
Photobucket Flies are gross.
Photobucket How cool does this look?! It feels like wood but is the inside of a dead flower of some sort.

2 comments:

Melanie Van Wynsberg said...

LOVE the pictures!! So awesome.

I want some prints of these! do you ever sell prints {I'm sure you do, kind of a dumb question to ask a photographer}? I think these would go great in my bathroom or bedroom, because the walls in the Bath are green, and the accents in the bedroom are green (limeish green}. I want to try and give the room a more earthy feel. I would probably need a new bed cover to help that out, but these would be great. Just an idea, because I know Kevin wanted to do something different to our bedroom also. :)

Your going to sell your lens? For how much? {if you don't mind me asking}

amanda said...

:) i haven't sold prints of my stuff other than of people. but if you want them, i can give you the files or you can just pay what it costs to get it printed. i wouldn't charge you mel.

well, i've been "selling" my lens for a few weeks so far. i have it listed for 380. but i've had a few buyers and i've changed my mind on selling it. i go back and forth because it is a good lens and nice to have for a backup. i know, i'm crazy. i've just been worried that i'll regret it. why? would you like it?