Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Halloween 2013

Halloween now lasts days... weeks.... 

Elijah had the coolest Halloween party at school.  First a trunk or treat and then a dance.  He broke out some moves without hesitation.  There may have been some break dancing which with the influence of his friend, Levi, included bicycle kick spins on the floor.  It was entertaining.  His costume was quite a hit also.  Little tween girls were wanting to take his picture and he actually let them!  He would walk strut out onto the dance floor... "Minion coming through.  Make way for Minion!"

 Eli and his friend, Levi.




The next day, we went to our annual Treat Walk in Lapeer.  It was pretty chilly and raining so Eli was on the grumpy side.  The girls were pretty excited though.

 Their Nana came through with these costumes and helped me out immensely.  We have Eli (the Minion), Berlin (Vanellope VonSchweetz from Wreck it Ralph), and Isadora (pink puppy)

 Cousins!  Berlin, Eli's costume, Lucas, Ashton, Ariah, Isadora.  See Eli running...he didn't want a photo taken so Minion stepped in.

We carved our pumpkins and I made pumpkin seeds.  It was a fun evening.  This was the first time that the kids did their own carving with little help from us.

 Grossed out face #1.


 I die.  I die... 






Halloween night!  We had my brother and some friends over.  I was feeling festive so I pulled out my cat ears from when I was 12!  I passed out candy and then switched with James for a while.  After the little ones tired out, Holly and I ventured farther with Gabe and Berlin.  We passed on our knowledge of candy hunting...the real trick or treating, the way it was meant to be done.  Sprinting.  It was a blast watching the two of them. 


 The cold rainy weather meant that I didn't even see Ariah in her costume...she was covered by layers!



0 comments: