Saturday, October 12, 2013

Long week.

It has been a REALLY long week.

Being a parent is the hardest job.  Cliche comment but I've been feeling it a lot lately. In my idealistic little mind, I keep waiting for things to just fall into place and that it will be magically easier. I've heard that... it gets easier. HA HA, no. Sorry. Being a mom is the greatest joy I've ever thought I could have BUT so far, not getting easier.

Three toddlers turned into three school aged kids and although certain struggles, like bedtime (can I get an AMEN?! for sleep!) have lessened, it just brings about a new stage of struggles. But in that challenge, there is the reward. I know that so far my kids are doing pretty good. We've gotten through the stages and struggles to make it to these next ones and remembering the triumph and the good times alleviates some of the pressure or anxiety about doing it right. I said I want to be a lifelong learner.... well, I asked for this. :)
 

 I was going to write more but now I have a bird in my basement again! 

 A few more from August.
Elijah learning to ride a 2-wheel
James trying with Izzie.  She needs some more time.
Morning at the beach.








Not sure what is with the gangsta pose.  A backstreet boy?
Castles in the sand.
Village making... mine was more primitive. 

Buried.

Telling daddy to get out into the water!

0 comments: