Friday, June 19, 2009

11:16 pm...do you know where your children are?

Random title. :)

It is getting late and I'm tired...but I'm backing up some memory cards before going to sleep. I just wanted to write and say how amazing my kids are! I'm so darn lucky. I went out today and did a mini portrait session with each of them and it was fantastic. I can't wait to show you the pictures!

I talk with both the kids a lot. Even if they don't understand what I'm saying...but Berlin is such a talker too that it ends up with some very interesting conversations. Today, without going into detail, we talked about weddings and why James and I are married. She is so inquisitive and I wish I could record her talking so that I don't forget this time of her life. But while thinking about that...how great it is to have these little interactions, I was thinking about how lucky I am to have the time do spend with them. Before I know it, she'll be driving a car and he'll be joining a rock band or something. I'm going to miss these days that my hair is twisted up in funny ponytails and decorated with a million clippies and glitter. But I'm thankful that I have them at all.

Good night!

3 comments:

Tim Mattila said...

Kids are really cool. I think I never would have known what I was missing had we not had Egan. It is a blessing every day. It is also a HUGE responsibility but I wouldn't trade it for anything:)

Kate said...

Yay for fun times with kids! I think it's so funny the things they say or think is "real" (like magic, etc.). Too fun!! I think wow - Kaylee is 7.5! CRAZY!!

amanda said...

Definitely! It is awesome that we've been given the opportunity to know that blessing.

Plus, it is kinda cool to experience things as a child again. Makes you appreciate things more.

Ha ha, yeah...Berlin's dream wish (sometimes I ask her what she is going to dream about...) is the same as mine! lol...to live in a castle like a princess. :) Yikes, soon she'll be a tweener!